Natural progesterone supplement sources
Here are the low-excipient natural progesterone supplements that I am aware of. Please leave a comment if you know of other sources, have feedback about any of the suppliers, or just have suggestions on improving the page.
From what I've observed, Progest-E seems like the most popular product, and Ona's Natural comes out the most affordable. I haven't heard of a lot of people using Ona's though, so I'd be particularly curious to from people that have used it.
Ona's Natural 10% Progesterone Oil
USP progesterone (yam-derived), vitamin E (sunflower/soy-derived, non-GMO, mixed tocopherols), fractionated coconut oil.
Cost: $6.39 per gram of progesterone.
I've only seen Ona's Natural available direct. It ships internationally from California.
They also have higher-concentration (up to 20%) progesterone creams.
Yam-derived USP progesterone, vitamin E as d-alpha tocopherol and/or mixed tocopherols, vegetable triglycerides (from olive or coconut).
There may have been an issue with the manufacturer or one of the suppliers recently, so be sure to monitor the taste of the oil.
Cost: typically around $11.40 per gram of progesterone.
Shipping from the US
- Electrical Body. $31 per 34mL bottle. Ships from the US to anywhere in the world. I think this is the most popular source because of the low prices, but I've also read of people having a lot of customer service issues.
- Long Natural Health. $32 per 28mL bottle. They keep their stock refrigerated. Ships from Colorado to anywhere in the world, but review their International Shipping FAQ before ordering.
- Agoodvitamin.com. $34 per 28mL bottle. Ships from California to anywhere in the world, but international shipments are at the buyer's risk if delivery fails.
- Some people have ordered larger quantities directly from Kenogen (the manufacturer) for the best prices. They're available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-541-345-9855.
Shipping from the UK
- Amrita Nutrition. £34.77 per 34mL bottle. Free shipping. You might be asked about working with a nutritionist providing a "professional recommendation" that you take it, possibly because of importation issues.
Yam-derived USP progesterone, coconut oil.
There is a theory that Dr. Peter Eckhart of Women's Therapeutic Institute (makers of Progestelle) is actually some kind of marketing pseudonym. I have no idea if that's true, but I choose to imagine that this is his work uniform:
Update: see the comment below for more information on Dr. Eckhart's credentials / identity.
Cost: $30.00 per gram of progesterone.
- Available directly from Women's Therapeutic Institute for shipping internationally from the US, with the exception of Africa, Germany, and Croatia.
- Available on Amazon in the US.
USP progesterone, SFA esters, ethanol (Ray Peat has mentioned disliking combinations of progesterone and alcohol here, but the comments are also worth a look for the company's founder defending the product formulation).
Progestene is intended for lab/research use only.
Cost: $41.65 per gram of progesterone.
Progestene is only available directly from IdeaLabs. It ships internationally from the US.
Progesterone, mixed tocopherols, MCT oil.
Cost: around $8.51 per gram of progesterone.