Natural progesterone supplement sources
Here are the low-excipient natural progesterone supplements that I am aware of. Please leave a comment if you know of other sources, have feedback about any of the suppliers, or just have suggestions on improving the page.
Simply Progesterone seems like a good default choice to me.
- Simply Progesterone: progesterone, mixed tocopherols, MCT oil.
- Simply Progesterone Clear: progesterone, grain alcohol 95%.
Cost: around $8.51 per gram of progesterone with Simply Progesterone, $16.41 with Simply Progesterone Clear.
Yam-derived USP progesterone, vitamin E as d-alpha tocopherol and/or mixed tocopherols, vegetable triglycerides (from olive or coconut).
There may have been an issue with the manufacturer or one of the suppliers recently, so be sure to monitor the taste of the oil.
Cost: typically around $11.40 per gram of progesterone.
Shipping from the US
- Electrical Body. $31 per 34mL bottle. Ships from the US to anywhere in the world. I think this is the most popular source because of the low prices, but I've also read of people having a lot of customer service issues.
- Long Natural Health. $32 per 28mL bottle. They keep their stock refrigerated. Ships from Colorado to anywhere in the world, but review their International Shipping FAQ before ordering.
- Agoodvitamin.com. $34 per 28mL bottle. Ships from California to anywhere in the world, but international shipments are at the buyer's risk if delivery fails.
- Simplify Your Health. $31 per 34mL bottle. Ships from the US to anywhere in the world.
- Some people have ordered larger quantities directly from Kenogen (the manufacturer) for the best prices. They're available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-541-345-9855.
Shipping from the UK
- Functional Nutrition Supplements. £30.95 per 34mL bottle. Ships internationally.
Yam-derived USP Progesterone, DMSO, 20% ethanol.
Progestene is intended for external use only.
Cost: $41.65 per gram of progesterone.
Progestene is only available directly from IdeaLabs. It ships internationally from the US.
Yam-derived USP progesterone, coconut oil.
There is a theory that Dr. Peter Eckhart of Women's Therapeutic Institute (makers of Progestelle) is actually some kind of marketing pseudonym. I have no idea if that's true, but I choose to imagine that this is his work uniform:
Update: see the comment below for more information on Dr. Eckhart's credentials / identity.
Cost: $30.00 per gram of progesterone.
- Available directly from Women's Therapeutic Institute for shipping internationally from the US, with the exception of Africa, Germany, and Croatia.
- Available on Amazon in the US.