Natural desiccated thyroid products
I am as excited about the announcement of a tiny bottle of liquid as some people are for the release of the new Star Wars. But this finally gives me a good default answer for everyone that's been asking about natural desiccated thyroid products: just buy TyroMax. It's nothing but desiccated thyroid (porcine and bovine), tocopherols and MCT.
- Store page (they use PayPal as a checkout system, so don't be alarmed about it redirecting to PayPal.com). The price seems high at first, but the effective price-per-dose is very reasonable (the "serving" size is much more than you would typically use).
- Forum discussion thread (dosing, product questions, etc.)
Other good alternatives if TyroMax doesn't meet your needs
- Dr. Ron's Ultra-Pure Thyroid with Liver: freeze-dried New Zealand thyroid (bovine, 30mg per capsule), freeze dried New Zealand liver (bovine), New Zealand bovine gelatin capsules.
- Natural Sources Raw Thyroid: thyroid tissue, adrenal tissue, pituitary tissue, thymus tissue, spleen tissue, maltodextrin (corn derivative), American Ginseng, gelatin (capsule), magnesium stearate (vegetable source), kelp, flogard.
- Nutri-Meds Desiccated Thyroid available in bovine or porcine (although the porcine is currently unavailable). The remaining ingredients in the capsule version are gelatin from free-range sources, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, and silica. They say, "tissue processed by the Low Temperature Method to preserve natural constituents."
- WP Thyroid: Desiccated porcine thyroid, lactose monohydrate, inulin, medium chain triglycerides. Prescription required.